Dreamy & Creamy Blueberry Açai Bowl
If you know me, you know that I have an insatiable obsession with açaí bowls. Honestly, I consider them to be a food group and one that I could consume everyday for breakfast. I can proudly say I have consumed a bowl more days than not for a good portion of my life, since becoming a vegan. I mean, they are just so versatile, healthy and delicious. Through the years, I have constantly tweaked and altered my açaí bowl creations after completely exhausting my palate with one flavor profile. I've gone from more bananas to less bananas, no peanut butter to loads of peanut butter, as well as swapping in and out different fruits, powders, superfoods and more. This creation is my latest and greatest and I believe you will love it just as much as I do. This bowl bursts with sweetness, tartiness, and creaminess, while being fully packed with loads greens and superfoods that are not only super nutrient dense but also masked and unrecognizable to your palate. Oh, and just to pre-face, I use frozen bananas in this recipe and break them into thirds before freezing. Alrighly, lets get into bowl making, shall we?
- 1 packet of Sambazon açaí (I use sweetened)
- 2/3 of a frozen banana
- 1 giant handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries*
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Pom: Blueberry Pomegranate Juice*
- Chocolate coconut water*
- 1 scoop of amazing grass detox & alkalizing or a tsp of spirulina powder
I throw all the ingredients into a High Speed Blender and blend away until it is creamy thick and completely blended. I use about 1/3 cup of pom juice and a 1/4 of chocolate coconut water to start, then I adjust if the mixture requires more liquid. I love my bowls on the thicker side so I always start with less.
Another Interesting fact about me is I cannot eat most fruits in their whole form because of weird texture issues, so for topping I go for: granola, coconut shreds, goji berries, cacao nibs, mulberries, chia seeds, and hemp seeds. Choose whatever you love! Let me know how much you LOVE IT in the comments!
* If you want to know why I choose to use wild blueberries over conventional normal blueberries checkout my blog post on wild blueberries.
* I use the Pom's pomegranate blueberry juice because it adds a specific flavor, however, normal pomegranate juice tastes great as well.
* You can use normal or chocolate coconut water, depends on availability and preference.